The resistance temperature detector (RTD) is used to measure the liquid or winding temperature of a transformer or to measure ambient temperature, depending on the device mounting. The device includes a passive element which converts the temperature value to a resistance value proportional to temperature. The RTD´s have a high exactitude and repeatability and are manufactured weatherproof for use in extreme climates, which can vary from artic to tropic.
- Liquid temperature when mounted in a thermowell.
- Winding temperature when mounted in a thermal image.
- Ambient temperature when mounted with an ambient protector.
- Platinum 100 Ω (Pt100) resistance output
- Copper 10 Ω (Cu10) resistance output
- Analog output 4-20 mA or 0-1 mA